Solved! MIRACAST for PC without miracast built in

Mar 15, 2021
I plugged a display adapter into my Roku TV and then discovered my PC does not have Miracast capability. Is there a plug in device or card or thumb drive that will add it to my motherboard?

Mar 15, 2021
does Miracast capability come with a new wifi card? I have Windows 10 with a NVIDIA GTX 960 video card. Is there a download for Miracast if I have the right parts? As you can tell, I don't know what I am doing.

The support is built into the operating system and the wifi standard. I have never gotten any sort of wireless video streaming to work properly myself, it always had image quality issues and audio sync issues, even when we tried setting thigs up at work with $1,000 devices.

Mar 15, 2021
The support is built into the operating system and the wifi standard. I have never gotten any sort of wireless video streaming to work properly myself, it always had image quality issues and audio sync issues, even when we tried setting thigs up at work with $1,000 devices.
Thanks for the great emotional support. My windows 10 is from when it first came out and they let you download it as a Windows 7/8 update so I don't have a disc for it and this need is not worth the cost of buying a new Win10 install. So now I have a wireless display receiver with nothing to connect to. It looks impressive hanging down from the back of my flat screen Roku TV,
Thankyou for the responses.

unto

Great
Apr 27, 2021
A very low cost option is Rapberry Pi 3B or newer. This is your HDMI to network file system interface. It can read your PC network shares and play content to your TV via HDMI. No suffering with wifi unless you want to suffer. If you don't have wired ethernet you can use wifi (but don't).

The raspberry pi would then run LibreElec or something similar. YThis is free open source software. You would create SMB shares on your PC (or NFS shares). There are likely thousands of tutorials of varying skill level on DuckDuckGo.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=nopes&q=raspberry+pi+libreelec+windows+smb+streaming+to+tv&ia=interweb

Mar 15, 2021
A very low cost option is Rapberry Pi 3B or newer. This is your HDMI to network file system interface. It can read your PC network shares and play content to your TV via HDMI. No suffering with wifi unless you want to suffer. If you don't have wired ethernet you can use wifi (but don't).

The raspberry pi would then run LibreElec or something similar. YThis is free open source software. You would create SMB shares on your PC (or NFS shares). There are likely thousands of tutorials of varying skill level on DuckDuckGo.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=nopes&q=raspberry+pi+libreelec+windows+smb+streaming+to+tv&ia=interweb
Thanx for the response. I will have my son look at this. I have trouble playing checkers.