Mitsubishi to Sell 100-inch OLED TV This Month

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
@mr_tuel

The point is for signage in bright lit places. Think about sporting or other entertainment events that have huge screens viewed from a great distance away or the airport advertisements that you walk past. Also consider those order boards at your favorite fast food chain.

Now imagine each of those being a different size where having the lego-oled display will allow Mitsubishi to fulfill the individual needs of each of these customers.

This is not a consumer home television.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Exactly, this is for big areas that need high brightness screens and specific needs. Since they are modular they could also replace modules that go bad.

This is not for your living room, its for convention centers, maybe outdoors.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So the "100-inch" is really a misnomer then. What a shame.[/citation]

That will be the stock model. It is hard to tell weather the majority of those modules sell in that configuration or in more customized displays. It's likely they will sell a few screens over 100 inches using these modules, but they won't always take on the standard home aspect ratios either.

lolsir

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
This turned me off > but sadly this isn't the HDTV that we're waiting for. In fact, it's not really HD at all. misterbishi might as well sell a cardboard 100in tv

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Why not just take 1200 zune hd screens and slap them together?[/citation]Why thumbs down? If they just used individual elements to make this giant piece of CRAP, that isn't even HD, how is that impressive? This screen SUCKS!!!

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
This is definitely a good case of something you will want later on down the road. In 10 or 15 years when they have 160" screens going for $1500, then I will pick one up; until then they can take their overpriced nonHD nonsense some where else.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]With that resolution....just get a projector for $600 that IS HDStupid PR stunt.....[/citation]

This is obviously for commercial use, and projectors wouldn't work in racetracks,sports bars, airports, etc.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]So, I havn't seen even small OLED's for sale in stores yet, when will I be able to buy an HD OLED TV at 46 inches?[/citation]
I want a 30" @ 2560x1600...

G

people talk shit but just cause the sheer size it'd sell to Americans...... and regardless of how stupid you think buyers are you'll still be jealous if you go to a friend's house with one of these watching the games at their house =P also if it was 15 inches thick which i'm assuming is a typo mainly cause the picture doesn't seem to match up with the description and the weight and thickness wouldn't add up. Since 15 inch thick 100 screen should easily be able to exceed 20+ pounds..... shit my 50 inch plasma ran me around 60 pounds or so

Status
Not open for further replies.