Miyamoto: Wii U Will Unite Core/Casual Divide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filiprino

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
EA has already pledged full support for the new platform, and on Thursday Ubisoft revealed a hard-core, non-casual first-person shooter called Killer Freaks from Outer Space.
Mass Effect, EA, bring Mass Effect to the platform. The third installment will be released on March 2012, 8 months later Wii U and Mass Effect 2&3.

I have them on computer though :p

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]calinkula[/nom]I've yet to understand how someone could call themselves a hardcore gamer and yet not own a Wii.[/citation]
Because they're too busy playing PC.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ZING!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]calinkula[/nom]I've yet to understand how someone could call themselves a hardcore gamer and yet not own a Wii.[/citation]
why would you buy an under-powered pos from nintendo? PC for life

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]why would you buy an under-powered pos from nintendo? PC for life[/citation]
because it's fun... and I like alot of Nintendo first party titles.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Black Ops is available for the WiiSo thats not a hardcore game?[/citation]

You mean CoD 8, no its not. Id say its more like Farmville both in term of quality and user skill.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Even though you got 4 thumbs down I actually agree. If you're a hardcore gamer you wouldn't be able to pass up games like Mario, Metroid and Zelda. Why? Because real hardcore gamers want to play the BEST games available and they may enjoy HD graphics but they know that gameplay is so much more important.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
At this point, they should change the brand name from Nintendo to MarioZeldaMetroid. The game cube wasn't an amazing piece of technology, but Metroid Prime... Mutha -Fu[kin yeah!! that game was amazing. I'm primarily a PC gamer, but when I was playing Metroid, I would play that game for hours.

Nintendo is just trying to find a new niche, oppose to competing for an already existing one.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
when did being a hardcore gamer switch from having fantastic gameplay and difficulty to just graphics and blood? I always thought of the latter as mainstream, which is different from casual.

fellskrazykayaker

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]why would you buy an under-powered pos from nintendo? PC for life[/citation]

Why not have both? I enjoy games for all platforms: PC, PS3, 360 and Wii. Metroid and Zelda only are worth the price of admission on the Wii.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I don't understand how most of these so called hard core elite PC gamers can call themselves such without a Wii. But then again, if SSD speeds keep getting faster, there won't be any time to play Wii during my weekly Windows 7 Ultimate and game reinstallations.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
It's fine if you want to distinguish yourself as a PC gamer or a Xbox gamer or whatever. But you're NOT hardcore if you limit the platforms or genres of games you're willing to play. A hardcore gamer is going to play the best of the best regardless of cost.

@pandabear, you missed the best of that generation. The Dreamcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.