Mobile Gaming Consoles Compared

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

quantumrand, sure the iPhone is very expensive, but the iPod Touch 3G (which you conveniently seem to be ignoring) is not nearly so bad in that department. Furthermore, the Touch 3G actually has slightly better performance than the iPhone 3GS not to mention being more portable, so if you're going to pick a fight with Apple over mobile gaming, look towards the Touch not the iPhone.

The PSP is a solid device, but let's face facts it's showing its age. iPod Touches are more powerful, have a fantastic touch screen, and extremely accurate motion sensor, things that open up possibilities the PSP can only dream of.

Also remember that the Touch is just getting started when it comes to real gaming, so what you've seen so far is only scratching the surface of what is possible for the device, not so with the ageing PSP.

Btw you claim that the iPhone/Touch are unplayable, but I beg to differ. Personally it only took me a couple of hours to fully adapt to using a touch screen and motion sensor. I guess some old school gamers simply can't adapt to new cutting edge interfaces *sad face*

G

All right, I have to say, the PSP and Dsi race would be close officially... but buy an Acecard 2i or some thing similar and it pwns all! U can app an awesome media player, and gets tons more games. Plus u can get a dsi for under $150 on ebay easily. But yes, the psps have better graphics and more hardcore games. by the way...WHERE DA HECK DID THE IPHONE COME FROM?!? It makes a good phone with apps and all, but not for a serious gamer.

G

i dont know why , devices such iphone and i touch is becoming part of console list !!! ok harware is good but what we are talking about :-? : gaming feature or media and ds chat inviroment feature ?
if we are talking about game , how device without button can be counted in video game console !

if u dont use button while u playing game , its feel like kicking air instead of ball !

its true that nintendo always has uniqu equipment from the first consoles, but recently i bought psp and in my world (i have xbox main console ) , psp go is very good choice if u are talking about gaming console ! im sure that ds has poor graphic andwe should not forget that graphic is 50 % of enjoy ,

ps :
portable console never can be replace to main console either , when u are playing a third person action game in portable console u can feel thee big missing of main(unportable) console .

most ppl spend 1000 $ just 4 playing game with ipod !!!!! it is 4 time expensiver than a psp go :D
and is it a inteligent choice ! i think apple really take advantage of humans perspective and thought

surda007

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hello

Do you think it would be very difficult to port an iPhone 3D AAA game for the Nintendo DSi with regard to programming?

As for HW specs differences, there should be serious optimization processes at least.

What would be the greatest issues in programming?

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.