Modders Make HP TouchPad Boots Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow... so very late to the game... this has been a hot topic for weeks now and just now you're mentioning it?

*shakes head*

You've got to be faster to the punch than Business Week really!

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]futhark21[/nom]Wow... so very late to the game... this has been a hot topic for weeks now and just now you're mentioning it? *shakes head*You've got to be faster to the punch than Business Week really![/citation]

Get your news elsewhere than and stop complaining...do you really need to read this article if you've already read it a week ago??? NO, you just have have to complain about anything you can.

Too many people comment on Toms for saying how there always late...

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]Get your news elsewhere than and stop complaining...do you really need to read this article if you've already read it a week ago??? NO, you just have have to complain about anything you can.Too many people comment on Toms for saying how there always late...[/citation]

No, but people come here for news, not last weeks.

Shall we call it ironic since your complaining about a complainer?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
All we need now is a way to run Windows on it and this would be a useful tablet after all...

If the myth of Windows 8 running on non-x86 chips proves true and a Qualcomm Snapdragon can step up to the plate then those firesale Touchpad may well go up in price again.

G

Newsflash! iPhone 4 to feature dual cameras and video conferencing!

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]soccerplayer88[/nom]No, but people come here for news, not last weeks.Shall we call it ironic since your complaining about a complainer?[/citation]
Now let me ask you this:
If you've already read this news somewhere else (which happens to be from last week), why read it hear only to post a comment complaining about it.
I understand its ironic that I had to post a comment just to prove my point, but someone has to tell these people someway or another...Its a common trend on Toms to ridicule the lateness of articles. You can't go a single article without someone posting something about it.

(Perhaps posting this on a Toms Forum would have been better)

Vampir1c

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
"Because it requires physical buttons the TouchPad lacks, the full port of Android is still dealing with driver issues and may never be the type of Android software users could find convenient to use."

NOT THE PROBLEM! Cyanogen already implemented something called TABLET TWEAKS that has almost a replica of the soft keys on the bottom left which Honeycomb uses. So far the only driver issues left is the video (for games/media files) and getting the sound drivers to work. This is the second article I have read which is highly misinformed.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
What about the NOOK conversions... they don't have physical buttons either.

Lets give these guys a real challenge.

Run Apple iOS on an HP Touchpad!

G

Been using my Touchpad as is for a little while now, and you know what...I don't need android on there after all. It works pretty well as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.