Modern Warfare 2 Goggles Are For Perverts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
They DO have a point though - these goggles open the door to tresspass-voyeurism.

Yea, you can buy them seperatley, on your own. But younger gamers can now get them using the facade of it being nothing more then a bonus game item.

We live in a sick world - there's no point in assisting the sickos in their deeds....

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
What about the incident when another gaming company delivered Plastic Brass Knuckles, an illegal and dangerous weapon?

This means that gamer are perverts who sneak up on people wearing nightvision goggles to beat them up?

Come on britons, you gave birth to Dr. House, get some sense of humor!

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Right. Because it is being sold to "gamers", they will obvciously put it to perverse or illegal use. We all know how games make normal people evil and wicked. If you just sell the goggles without a game, then the purchaser would obviously be an altruistic, upright citizen who would only use them to track down evildoers and see them handed over to the police.

Gamers are not a group of weak, vile or evil people. There may well be gamers who have no moral compass, but please remember that no group on earth has an exclusive lock on that. It's not the gaming that leads people astray.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
THink about it:

Scenario 1 - A kid walks into the store and buys night-vision goggles. He takes them home and his parents say, "What the hell? Why did you buy those goggles? You are a pervert! You're going to stalk and spy on your neighbor at night!!! Call the police!!!"

Scenario 2 - You get a box with a video game in it and it also has night-vision goggles in it. Your parent's say, "Oh, it's just some dumb toy. No harm will come of it..."

In BOTH cases, the kid has full intention of spying on his neighbors at night. But in scenario 2, it's easier for him to get away with it because his parent's don't question it being a bonus "toy" in a video game box.

I guarantee some people will use these goggles with bad intentions and the fact that they are included with a video game will desensitize people from questioning them until it's too late.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]g-thor[/nom]Right. Because it is being sold to "gamers", they will obvciously put it to perverse or illegal use. We all know how games make normal people evil and wicked. If you just sell the goggles without a game, then the purchaser would obviously be an altruistic, upright citizen who would only use them to track down evildoers and see them handed over to the police.Gamers are not a group of weak, vile or evil people. There may well be gamers who have no moral compass, but please remember that no group on earth has an exclusive lock on that. It's not the gaming that leads people astray.[/citation]

I'm not afraid of the majority of gamers - I'm concerned about the sick minority that would abuse these goggles for evil deeds.

These goggles are designed to stalk people in the night without giving away your presence. What possible good can come of that outside of a military situation?

randomizer

Distinguished
The real issue here is that once again the media throws around the "gamer" title as though it is a bad thing. I have read an article where a guy built a small nuclear reactor in his house and the FBI confiscated it. The article started off with the words "a texas gamer..."

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Yea anyone who really wants to be a peeping tom already has a cheap pair ..MW2 goggles are not going to all of a sudden make people say..Hey I want to be a peeping tom now and be a perv specificly because activision supplied my NV goggles.

mailboxqwert

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Why would anyone think of using the MW2 NVG for perving i mean its fkn MASSIVE.... there are better(more compact)tools out there for perving

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I do not giving one flying fuck what some sleazy, trashy British gossip paper says. I am fully capable of owning the goggles without feeling the need to use them in a stupid way. I have carried a firearm(Glock 23) everyday for the past 8 years, and I have never committed an illegal or immoral act with it. The Daily Star needs to look in the mirror and they need to rethink their stance. Hell, I have more integrity than those idiots.

If people do stupid things with the goggles, then they need to be 'hooked and booked', but there is no need to shit-talk gamers that are responsible and simply enjoy getting the cool collectibles. Besides, if I wish to see a nice pair of breast or a fully nude woman, I have an app...girlfriend for that.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]The "hottie next door" will look all green with these though. I don't want her to be green.[/citation]

Don't make her angry... You wouldn't like her when she's angry...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Yeah, I'd use them to peep on the hottie next door, if I had a hottie next door...

From my understanding, you've been able to publically buy night vision goggles for a long time now, so how is this any different? They're likely low quality crap anyways.
[citation][nom]mailboxqwert[/nom]Why would anyone think of using the MW2 NVG for perving i mean its fkn MASSIVE.... there are better(more compact)tools out there for perving[/citation]
Yeap, you can buy alarm clocks with a wireless camera preinstalled from eBay...

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
LOL... as if these goggles are going to be any good. Real ones cost closer to a $1,000... or at least $500. They are toy night vision goggles. You might be able to see 50 feet and could buy them at the local spy store for $50-%75 anyway

omnishru

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]I do not giving one flying fuck what some sleazy, trashy British gossip paper says. I am fully capable of owning the goggles without feeling the need to use them in a stupid way. I have carried a firearm(Glock 23) everyday for the past 8 years, and I have never committed an illegal or immoral act with it. The Daily Star needs to look in the mirror and they need to rethink their stance. Hell, I have more integrity than those idiots.If people do stupid things with the goggles, then they need to be 'hooked and booked', but there is no need to shit-talk gamers that are responsible and simply enjoy getting the cool collectibles. Besides, if I wish to see a nice pair of breast or a fully nude woman, I have an app...girlfriend for that.[/citation]

Quite funny you say, "look in the mirror", since in the UK there's another awful newspaper called 'The Mirror'.

Trashy papers are trash.

omnishru

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]I do not giving one flying fuck what some sleazy, trashy British gossip paper says. I am fully capable of owning the goggles without feeling the need to use them in a stupid way. I have carried a firearm(Glock 23) everyday for the past 8 years, and I have never committed an illegal or immoral act with it. The Daily Star needs to look in the mirror and they need to rethink their stance. Hell, I have more integrity than those idiots.If people do stupid things with the goggles, then they need to be 'hooked and booked', but there is no need to shit-talk gamers that are responsible and simply enjoy getting the cool collectibles. Besides, if I wish to see a nice pair of breast or a fully nude woman, I have an app...girlfriend for that.[/citation]

Funny you should say, 'look in the mirror', since there's another awful paper in the UK called 'The Mirror'. Both are filled with rubbish.

Trashy papers are trashy.

omnishru

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

Funny you should say, 'look in the mirror', since there's another awful paper in the UK called 'The Mirror'. Both are filled with rubbish.

omnishru

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS