Mohu Curve 50 Antenna Review: Looks Great, Performs Even Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Noup Geek

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
John, This article talks all about the network content IE ABC, NBC etc. But The network has NOTHING to do with the antenna quality. Why didn't you measure signal strength and talk about geography and talk about mulitpath distortion and talk about distance from transmitter and talk about beam pattern? These are the relevant metrics.

seenhear

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I agree with "the noup geek" your review didn't cover anything important when choosing an antenna (other than the aesthetics, I guess, and the long cords).
Where do you live? Where did you test it? What's the geography like, tall buildings or trees nearby, hills, mountains? Where's the nearest transmitter of the channels you're receiving?
Come on, you've apparently been doing this long enough to know better.

Capt Awesome

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
Its a product review, no a class in HD signal... It clearly states it will pick up channels in a 50 mile radius. What would be the point of going into that much detail? Don't you think it would be a bit redundant to cover all of that each time? Picked up 65 channels, 7 were not clear... Oh, well if you had told us the multipath distortion I bet that would have fixed everything... Really? Hey noup, try to impress someone else with your vast HD knowledge, no one here cares.

Bill T

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Simply put, I HATE DIGITAL TV!. Never had any reception problems with analog, now with digital I can no longer watch tv. The interference from planes, trains, cellphones and other high power electronics is horrendous. I have used amplified antennas and none provide good reception. The government's mandate that analog be replaced with digital has been a huge blunder that will haunt the government. So, for me I will only be watching my collection of movies and tv shows I have on dvd, and quite frankly, what I have on dvd is far better than the garbage being broadcasted on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.