Solved! Monitor as Digital Photo Frame

Nov 30, 2019
Hi All!
Hadn't realised my requirement is SO unique, but haven't found a solution by searching so far!
A wall mounted monitor - about 21" - driven by something like a Roku or Firestick, and using a USB thumb drive as source.
Software which will allow me to play my photos randomly, with selectable duration and transitions.
Programmable on/off and/or motion detector on/off.
I think Firestick does this but only with on line access to Amazon photos, and we would prefer local storage.
Any thoughts?

Solution
Hi All!
Hadn't realised my requirement is SO unique, but haven't found a solution by searching so far!
A wall mounted monitor - about 21" - driven by something like a Roku or Firestick, and using a USB thumb drive as source.
Software which will allow me to play my photos randomly, with selectable duration and transitions.
I think Firestick does this but only with on line access to Amazon photos, and we would prefer local storage.
Any thoughts?

There are a ton of solutions for this, every store you see that has screens rotating images uses this. The motion detector and everything else would have to be done through programming and some hardware, it's not really hard but you...
Hi All!
Any thoughts?

There are a ton of solutions for this, every store you see that has screens rotating images uses this. The motion detector and everything else would have to be done through programming and some hardware, it's not really hard but you need knowledge and money to get it working as a program. Meaning you want the thing to start playing when someone walks near it? Museums and places like that use those types of motion sensors all the time. Just running a slideshow is very simple, a stick PC or some other small form factor connected to the monitor will do it, they are about $100-150 for a simple setup to $200+ for a mini PC with a faster CPU.

Company I work for uses software from a company called enplug to run our images, we have tons of options on how to run the images and what devices they get sent to.

Solution
I know that some digital signage boxes use Raspberry Pis.
https://elinux.org/RPi_Projects/Digital_Signage

TRENDING THREADS