Question Monitor mirroring question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2023
I’m currently using an iPad to display my security cameras by running the app 24/7 and as I leave my iPad plugged in it still is not keeping enough charge to stay on. It use to stay on all the time, so I’m looking for a new way to have my cameras shown on either a monitor or tablet in the kitchen.

The DVR that records my security cameras is in another room about 50 feet away. The dvr has a monitor that shows the cameras, but im wanting to mirror this in the kitchen. Are there any other options besides getting another tablet and using the app and WiFi to display the cameras?

I just noticed there is a “dongle” where you can possibly mirror a monitor. Can that be done with just a dvr? If so, which dongle should I get?

Bottom line…What is the easiest and most cost effective solution on displaying the cameras in the kitchen when the dvr is in another room?

timjulius1122

Banned
BANNED
Jun 24, 2023
Think about using a device like Chromecast or Roku to show your DVR's screen on a separate monitor. Another option is to use a powerline adapter, which can link a monitor to your DVR using your house's existing electrical wires. A cost-effective, straightforward solution could be a small Wi-Fi-enabled smart TV that can run your DVR's app. Always ensure these devices are compatible before buying.

TimSteve

Banned
BANNED
Jun 22, 2023
I’m currently using an iPad to display my security cameras by running the app 24/7 and as I leave my iPad plugged in it still is not keeping enough charge to stay on. It use to stay on all the time, so I’m looking for a new way to have my cameras shown on either a monitor or tablet in the kitchen.

The DVR that records my security cameras is in another room about 50 feet away. The dvr has a monitor that shows the cameras, but im wanting to mirror this in the kitchen. Are there any other options besides getting another tablet and using the app and WiFi to display the cameras?

I just noticed there is a “dongle” where you can possibly mirror a monitor. Can that be done with just a dvr? If so, which dongle should I get?

Bottom line…What is the easiest and most cost effective solution on displaying the cameras in the kitchen when the dvr is in another room?
To ensure compatibility with your DVR, it's important to check if it has a video output port that matches your requirements, such as HDMI, VGA, or DVI. Once you have identified the type of output port, you can purchase a suitable dongle that supports that specific port. For instance, if your DVR has an HDMI output, you will need to acquire an HDMI dongle. This way, you can connect your DVR to the desired display or monitor effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.