Monster's Stupid-Expensive Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
NOTHING related to audio is worth that much unless it has some awesome bass and some "sexy" quality.

That my friend, is what we call in America, "BS".

avenvy

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
Monster is out on a mission to take your money.

Funny this was posted today as just last night I donated $50 to the legal defense fund for the Monster Mini Golf company they are trying to sue out of existence (one Monster Cable's many ridiculous corporate bullying lawsuits, which they are just about as famous for as their ridiculously overpriced cables).

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/monster-cable-mini-golf

They are such a disgusting company, ripping people off in any way they can.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
[citation][nom]rantarave[/nom]what idiot would buy theese over sennheisers[/citation]

Anyone who thinks Radio Shack has good deals, shops there, thinks of shopping there, or thinks high cost=quality. So basically 95% of the earths population.

Stupid people....

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
yeah, hate monster cable. there are a lot of stupid people with fat wallets who buy their cables thinking it will improve audio quality.
more than 1000% profit margins is just plain cheating for me.

Keeper

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Anyone who thinks Radio Shack has good deals, shops there, thinks of shopping there, or thinks high cost=quality. So basically 95% of the earths population.

uh...isn't radio shack an american store mostly located in the US? if so, you meant "basically 95% of the americans"...

lol

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
Audio cables do make a difference in deference to all you putzes out there who think they don't. You are the same putzes that make budwieser the best selling piss.. er beer'ish beverage and best buy is the source of the best audio gear *sigh*....

But Monster Cable long ago ddecided to cash in on their brand name and puts out crap.

For good cables check out Kimber, Audioquest, FMS, Cardas...

For good headphones worth the price check out Grado, etc.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Breaking News !! Don't like the white beat? Don't like the black beat? Then stay tuned for Monster Cable Beat by Dr. Dre Headphones in flaming red...for just $200 additional over the black beat headphone, you will be the owner of this "fine" piece of hardware with nothing special but the Ferrari red painting !. So That's it people, for $900 and if you do a pre-order, it will include a limited edition Dr. Dre MONSTER CABLE plain metal key Chain (value of $59.99). Don't wait more, this whole bundle of two things will be yours for less than $1000. (Certain restrictions apply..like if you are from the other side of the earth, the shipping will shell you out more than $1000...but this advice is in really small letters so we can fool you out in this deal).

Ok back from the trip. People, I know some of you may like Dr. Dre, and Monster Cable's cables and other accesories, but there's no need for buying such thing. In fact, it doesn't make sense since for that price there are way better electronic goodies with a far better "bang for the buck".

I could agree with someone buying this for collection purposes. (LoL maybe they will worth $50 more when Dr. Dre dies...still it won't help your future bankrupcy for spending so much money on average equipment with some flashy painting)

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Keeper[/nom]uh...isn't radio shack an american store mostly located in the US? if so, you meant "basically 95% of the americans"...lol[/citation]

START sarcasm
Obviously you're not from the USA otherwise you'd realize that only our citizens count.
END sarcasm

Back when I was a geek (oops - I still am one, oh well) I cashed in big on my Magic the Gathering cards in '95. Why? They were collectors sets - meaning they had a black border instead of the white borders of the "unlimited" edition. By '96 the CCG bubble burst and I'm sure the guy who bought them was crying (or cheering if he resold them at a profit).

While I understand that good cables are worth it, they are the fries and soda of the computer industry. However, many of the lower cost cables are not "cheap" but reasonably priced. Unfortunately, we psychologically have an expectation that a product has to be in a certain price range to be any good.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
All the want-a-be rappers/players will eat this up. Does wearing the pants around your knees makes any sense? They should make it the size of 12 inch sub on each ear.

LOL

DeadlyPredator

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
sorry, but FUCK OFF, we should hang all Monster Cables managers over fire and shot them with taser guns... they are selling complete crap at extreme prices while sueing and killing perhaps very good brands just to steal more money. The HDMI monster cable I would buy for 150$ will have THE SAME DAMN QUALITY that the generic one at 15$!!! It's digital!!!! And they are just thiefts who stole your money and pay no taxes, they are incorporated in Bermuda.

citizenx

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I have the beats and I have had Sennheisers and these blow them out of the water. They are worth every cent!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.