More Cyber Attacks Hit Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Blending the pro-North elements with news of the U.S.-based IP address, it's quite possible the attacks are a result from terrorist activity within the States.

Or, I know this sounds far-fetched, but maybe a compromised computer in the US being controled remotely. Hard to grasp, I know..

BallistaMan

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
North Korea warned last month that it would launch a "high-tech war" against South Korea, claiming that its southern rival relayed false information regarding its involvement in cyber attacks.

Interesting isn't it? North Korea gets ticked at South Korean accusations of a cyber attack and then threatens to really launch one in return (and now maybe did it).

alphazerone

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Or, I know this sounds far-fetched, but maybe a compromised computer in the US being controlled remotely. Hard to grasp, I know..

We can call it a bot net! I can see it know, hackers controlling over a 1,000 computers to perform DDOS attacks against websites.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I have no idea how these "online experts" track this stuff. It seems they would need high resources or access to the interweb servers themselves or something. I bet the trail ran cold at some USA computer according to this guy so he just blamed it there.

Now for some reason I would think its NOT a 'made in the USA' attack because that would take some SERIOUS b@llz to attack the place where you uhh... live? Big brother would spank the person more easily if they were in the US and they would get water boarded for 5 years even AFTER telling how they did it all and more importantly... why.

salsoolo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
attack back?
how about fighting fire with fire? there are plenty of l33t hackers in the US that could knok down foreign networks.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is bull. if you want to be secure don't put sensitive data on a computer conected to the web or on a wireless lan. how stupid are these people?

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Get a war ship to park off the coast of North Korea and drop anchor. Go full speed ahead draging the anchor all around the coast line ripping all fibre and comm cable from under the ocean. Done!

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
North Korea warned last month that it would launch a "high-tech war" against South Korea, claiming that its southern rival relayed false information regarding its involvement in cyber attacks.

Has anyone tested this guy for rabies? Best explanation I can think of.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]Get a war ship to park off the coast of North Korea and drop anchor. Go full speed ahead draging the anchor all around the coast line ripping all fibre and comm cable from under the ocean. Done![/citation]

And the Best Post Award for this topic goes to you sir!

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]NeoDude007[/nom]I have no idea how these "online experts" track this stuff. It seems they would need high resources or access to the interweb servers themselves or something. I bet the trail ran cold at some USA computer according to this guy so he just blamed it there.Now for some reason I would think its NOT a 'made in the USA' attack because that would take some SERIOUS b@llz to attack the place where you uhh... live? Big brother would spank the person more easily if they were in the US and they would get water boarded for 5 years even AFTER telling how they did it all and more importantly... why.[/citation]

Pushes the Cyber Security Act by scaring people into thinking it is a good idea.

Create problem, offer a solution that pushes your true agenda.

Attacks like this were being reported immediately after the April 1 first bill was introduced.

Remember the attack that supposedly stole terabytes of data on the Join Strike Fighter program, that was blamed/traced on China? Complete and utter BS.

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
So either North Korea who has promised to wage these kind of attacks on South Korea and the US did so and then decided that they didn't want to claim responsibility (and terrorists just LOVE to brag) so routed the attacks from a hacked US site...OR

Some other person, group, organization did exactly what North Korea promised but were smart enough to attack in such a way as to be untraceable except the IP address, which was found to be an innocuous US location. Perhaps the strategy was to throw suspicion on North Korea and shine the light elsewhere while serving their own political agenda regarding US policy changes.

Its a cool story, either way. in a sorta frightening, what-the-hell-is-going-on kinda way.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]Or, I know this sounds far-fetched, but maybe a compromised computer in the US being controled remotely. Hard to grasp, I know..[/citation]
Windows, it happens.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]salsoolo[/nom]attack back?how about fighting fire with fire? there are plenty of l33t hackers in the US that could knok down foreign networks.[/citation]

That would be an interesting war.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]this is bull. if you want to be secure don't put sensitive data on a computer conected to the web or on a wireless lan. how stupid are these people?[/citation]

I doubt they keep anything really important on a connected computer. I mean really... U.S. Intelligence is more adept to these kinds of things than a high-schooler taking A+ Comp.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
This is outrageous, 26 billion is more than enough to feed people that need it,

Send a 1 billion nuke on them or something... that will take care of them :\

Good god

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]This is outrageous, 26 billion is more than enough to feed people that need it, Send a 1 billion nuke on them or something... that will take care of them :\Good god[/citation]

Um, I suggest you actually READ THE ARTICLE. It's the SOUTH Koreans that will spend $20.33 MILLION to upgrade their security. Last I check, South Koreans are eating and thriving just fine.

Then again you think a nuke costs one billion dollars. Only the mind of a child says, "nuke'em!!" Well child or redneck, actually they are same the thing with the redneck being worst. Go along while the people who understand what a nuclear weapon will do to global politics talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.