Mortal Kombat is Coming back in Old-school Form

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
kung lao has a sick fatality... he throws his hat on the ground and grabs the guys legs and cuts him in half crotch to skull like hes dragging him over a table saw.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Nothing like MK1-3. May not have been the most technically proficient fighters but they had the most style and soul. Great to hear they're returning to its roots with an updated fighting engine and graphics.

1raflo

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Who thought of these fatalities...?Lead: ok next. Kung Lao's fatality. Good ideas. Go.Guy: Oh I dreamt this one out. Ok check this out. He throws his hat to the ground vertically aight, then it spins like a saw. Got the idea yet? Ok then he grabs the feet of the enemy and pulls it toward his or her very last nightmare. Then then... Whaaaa.. aaaa... AARGGHGGHhh with tons of blood filling the screen yeh? How bout it, hm?Lead: Someone call the guards.Guards: Come with us.Guy: What the, what did I do, yo?*Guy gets fired and put in mental institution*Lead: Ok I like his idea. Make it happen.Lead: Next. Kitana. Ok give me something cute and deadly this time.[/citation]

You must thank God you don't make comedy for a living. You would starve to death

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Graphically superior to MvC3 by a long shot. Mechanically though I think it will be equivalent, near equivalent, or even better as well.

I think MK games were easier or more straight forward for most people to play and master. This game looks like it'll keep the easier more straight forward learning curve in tact, but add more strategy to make the game more strategic thus harder to master.

flea420

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]d-block[/nom]More like the Genesis cartridge.[/citation]

Sega CD man, best version of the game other then the arcade.

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
People seem to be under the impression that companies are interested in making art or quality programs. They arent. By their nature, corporations are driven by profit, that is their legal obligation to shareholders. Some use quality and art to drive up game sales, but that is a business decision. If making rehashed games with themes from when people were 15 makes a buck because that audience is now 30 - they will make it.

A rehash has a built in market, and a new concept does not. One is like a mutual fund instead of a stock. Stocks can be risky. The coders and developers and maybe some management might have a "passion" for games - but at the end of the day they are not happy with making a 1$ profit at the end of the year - even though that is the definition of a successful product.

If all salaries are paid, and all expenses funded, and more was earned than put in - thats success. If more people got the message then nearly every product on the market would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.