Most Popular Android Malware: Angry Birds Rio Unlocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
ahHAHAHAHAHA!

"Android Malware"

Anyways, on a serious note. Although I am not a fan of any company putting some sort of blacklist/whitelist of "okay to install" software in their OS, I think that as long as Google wants to stick with this "open app store" concept it should at least put in place a mechanism that will block obviously malicious software. I mean, these are people's phones. They may need them one day to dial 911, or some other equivalent, and little did they know they installed some "app" that disable that option. Not saying this is possible now, but what if some figured out how?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you want it bad (stuff you don't pay for and from questionable sources), you will get it bad (malware and the consequences it brings). This is often the root of the problem and why so much garbage floats around the 'Net.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ThisIsMe[/nom]ahHAHAHAHAHA!"Android Malware"Anyways, on a serious note. Although I am not a fan of any company putting some sort of blacklist/whitelist of "okay to install" software in their OS, I think that as long as Google wants to stick with this "open app store" concept it should at least put in place a mechanism that will block obviously malicious software. I mean, these are people's phones. They may need them one day to dial 911, or some other equivalent, and little did they know they installed some "app" that disable that option. Not saying this is possible now, but what if some figured out how?[/citation]

If US Reaper Drones can get malware, what makes you think they are going to bust a gut sorting this out?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If your smart enough to figure out how to install 3rd party applications, but dumb enough to not install security software then you deserve what the spyware authors have in store for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.