MotoCzysz E1pc Electric Race Bike Hits 140MPH

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In other words, tune this bike to run in the city, max 60-90mph, and you can run several hours (perhaps even a few hundreds of miles) with it!

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Personally I hate the sounds of motorcycles. Noise pollution enhanced by it's riders childish need to garner attention. If my car is loud I get a ticket, if my bike is loud, it's "cool". NOT! I welcome electricity! It's not just air pollution it helps eliminate.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]One Japanese guy did that already, back in 2004, and made a beast of a car.Search around for "Eliica"[/citation]Thanks man, just checked it out... that thing looks SICK. Fast as hell. That was in 2004, we have made serious strides in battery technology since then. There is not one reason why this car isn't being designed. I am sure Li-Po batteries are way more affordable now then they were in 2004. Thanks for sharing.

G

what's the stabilisers you talk aabout doive? You don't mean the race stand do you?

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]awood28211[/nom]Personally I hate the sounds of motorcycles. Noise pollution enhanced by it's riders childish need to garner attention. If my car is loud I get a ticket, if my bike is loud, it's "cool". NOT! I welcome electricity! It's not just air pollution it helps eliminate.[/citation]

Obviously you've never ridden one.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]awood28211[/nom]Personally I hate the sounds of motorcycles. Noise pollution enhanced by it's riders childish need to garner attention. If my car is loud I get a ticket, if my bike is loud, it's "cool". NOT! I welcome electricity! It's not just air pollution it helps eliminate.[/citation]

More than half the time I ride, some idiot tries to run me off the road. Loud pipes save lives. If I were whisper-quiet, the number of incidents would be even higher with an equally higher chance of death and injury. If you don't ride, your opinion is going to be worth less than those of an infant. Sorry, but true.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]OK, let me get this straight. This bike has more 2x the amount of torque and almost the same horsepower as a hybrid car with more battery storage.. why the HELL would they not use this in cars? They could make the motor twice the size and use twice as many battery packs, put it in a car and have a f&&king BEAST. Completely, undeniably unacceptable.[/citation]

Cost.

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
i have been keeping up with the fellas for a while im hoping some day with will goo back and work on the engine they designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.