So, i just got mad at my school laptop because it doesn't want to turn its internet on. So, i hit it multiple times from the bottom up. Then suddenly it restarted while i punched it. Now the keyboard and mouse arent working, but wireless mouses work. What do i do?
It seems like it has been damaged with the hit it took. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset first before starting, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop. It will reinstall the driver automatically.
- Next is to make sure that Keyboard settings are all set to United States.
- If all these will not work try an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if it will not happen you'll need to do a complete factory reset.
- And if the factory reset will not work the only solution would be to replace the keyboard itself.