Move a plasma TV over a high elevation

rocketjc16

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
We are moving from Denver to Price Utah and will have to go over Loveland pass ( through the Eisenhower tunnel) app 10,000 ft above sea level should I be worried? ,about the plasma?

Solution
we had 7/10 plasma screens blow on us while i was in afghanistan. we were at about 8500 ft elevation. there is a lot of pressure inside a plasma tube as we found out and the low air pressure coupled with the heat as we used it caused them to pop!!

so it is a valid concern when using it at high altitude but transporting them should not an issue from what i have seen. no idea if they have made any changes to plasma screens since then (about 2005) but this was happening all over the mountain bases while i was there.

still transporting should not be an issue

USAFRet

Illustrious

I can't possibly see how that would be an issue.

1. You are not the first person to move a plasma over the Continental Divide.
2. I'm quite sure some plasma TV's were delivered by air freight, in the bottom of a 747.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
we had 7/10 plasma screens blow on us while i was in afghanistan. we were at about 8500 ft elevation. there is a lot of pressure inside a plasma tube as we found out and the low air pressure coupled with the heat as we used it caused them to pop!!

so it is a valid concern when using it at high altitude but transporting them should not an issue from what i have seen. no idea if they have made any changes to plasma screens since then (about 2005) but this was happening all over the mountain bases while i was there.

still transporting should not be an issue

Solution