MSFT to Cut Price of Music to Compete with iTunes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomizer

Distinguished
How about bringing the Zune HD and Zune store outside of the USA? It would be nice if the iTunes store prices were lower here, since they are far, far higher than in the USA.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]apmyhr[/nom] Unless CD's have become 5 bucks or something, Zune Pass sounds like a much better deal.[/citation]
Only if "better" doesn't take into account sound quality. Some people can't stand crappy bitrates.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Only if "better" doesn't take into account sound quality. Some people can't stand crappy bitrates.[/citation]I doubt you could tell the difference between raw CD audio and 320kbps WMA, encoded from the same source. If you're comparing to 128kbps MP3s, yeah I'd say the difference is pretty obvious.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]I doubt you could tell the difference between raw CD audio and 320kbps WMA, encoded from the same source.[/citation]
No, I can't. But some people are picky and can tell the difference. It's like the 60FPS vs 120FPS argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.