MSI GE62VR 6 RF Very Poor Quality

celapa123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
HI guys. I bought this MSI laptop and amazingly , i am having lower fps in CS GO and Dota 2 comparing to my previous notebook ( Not a gaming laptop).

At first , i thought it is something wrong with the windows and i just reset it to factory settings. All drivers are up to date and everything running smooth but the quality of the games is not up to what the laptop should deliver. I am getting spikes and poor fps.

After installing the new windows and having the same quality , i went back to the seller and asked them to replace it with a new one as i thought the HDD has some bad sectors. They did it and now i am looking at another GAMING LAPTOP with only Steam app installed(dota 2 and cs-go) except of what coming from the designer that delivers very poor quality. I have noticed that after playing 1 or 2 games the performance gets worst. Might be because it gets heated? i am pressing the boost button for the cooler , light is on , fans are on but quality still the same.

My only option now is to change the windows as this is the only thing going to my mind as i have been reading forums and a lot of people say that WIn 10 is not really stable.

Please note that i have the 128 SSD one not the 256. As it is a gaming laptop , i was expecting to deliver much better performance comparing to my previous notebook ( Asus n550jk) but it is not.

Might be because of OS or i just got tricked with this purchase? On the Asus i am running 8.1

Looking forward for your answers.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

Windows 10 is smooth as a whistle no issue, its also not msi, im betting its not using the dedicated gpu it might have somehow got stuck on the Intel HD Graphics. check in the nvidia control panel that it is set to use dedicated gpu on all games. My other thoughts is that it might be nvidia drivers since the mobile 10 Series Gpus are still newish and might need more tweaking, but its probably not your laptop.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

From what you are saying it sounds like its not the laptop but the drivers, nvidia makes a few lemons so you should get it sorted by the next update.

celapa123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
For example.....i removed the nvidia driver and went to nvidia.com and pressed the automatic search...if found my video driver , i downloaded and when to install it said it is not compatible with the win and files. Now i got to a forum and i saw people having same issue because they dont have the win update ( latest) ...i am running on 1511. As we are speaking i am doing the manual update directly from their website...

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

you will need to install some manually as it does occasionally have issues where something isnt recognized

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

it might work, but thats more in line with the quality of nvidia drivers than anything else. as nvidia usually has good quality drivers but your laptop still has a new gpu so it might be just that drivers arent mature, something like maxwell is more mature, because its been out, pascal has maybe 3 months tops not much time to really mature drivers.

celapa123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

celapa123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
well... I am just hoping to update win 10 to the latest version so i can install the latest nvidia which i was not able to because of the error that i told u ... Anyway thank u and what is pascal and maxwell;))

celapa123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

celapa123

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
Nop ... I only got the full hd one as i have my laptop connected to a Benq xl2411z.... Here i have another problem ... I am not able to get 144hz in any resolution and the only one i can get 120 is 1024x768... I changed 3 cables dual link and and as well one with display adapter and 2.0 hdmi and nothing... My last hope is now with this update..