MSI GL62 6QD can i put two drives inside my laptop

Rix22

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hi, I was wondering if I could have two drives inside my laptop. So on one of them i could have the OS(On the SSD) and files and games on the HDD.

Albionm00n

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
Greetings!

It appears that model of laptop comes with either an HDD or an m.2 SSD, which means that it should have support for both. I am not sure if any came with both straight away, but generally a company will use the same motherboard for the same model of laptop even if there are different features offered.

Here is a picture of the motherboard from your laptop showing an m.2 drive installed to the left of the HDD (center bottom):

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VYNKQJYU9sg/Vtu71Z_cOXI/AAAAAAAAMOo/Voc9CdRn98c/s1600/GL62_2.jpg

As far as I can see you can have both:)

Hope this helps!

Albionm00n

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
Greetings!

It appears that model of laptop comes with either an HDD or an m.2 SSD, which means that it should have support for both. I am not sure if any came with both straight away, but generally a company will use the same motherboard for the same model of laptop even if there are different features offered.

Here is a picture of the motherboard from your laptop showing an m.2 drive installed to the left of the HDD (center bottom):

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VYNKQJYU9sg/Vtu71Z_cOXI/AAAAAAAAMOo/Voc9CdRn98c/s1600/GL62_2.jpg

As far as I can see you can have both:)

Hope this helps!

Rix22

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

Thank you for the help!
Im gonna buy a ssd soon :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntmanMcLean Laptop Tech Support 1
lucasblack29 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 4