Solved! MSI GX710-280 ????

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I am shopping around for new computer laptop or desktop. I am considering laptop for the mobility aspect, but I need something that would last at least a year without dieing on me. Now that the intro is complete here i my question i am looking to spend around $700 bucks for a computer... this is what i have come up with. One laptop and components for my desktop to rebuild...

Laptop is MSI GX710-280
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152090

Desktop components
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=8680865

i know its not laptop against laptop but i was wondering are these 2 similar in power wise?

And is MSI a good company to buy a laptop off of? I dont think ive own one thing from MS

Solution
The two are nowhere near each other in power. The desktop you've got there destroys the notebook. (Though you're missing a case, optical drives, hard disks, a monitor..)

The bigger question you've got for yourself is will your money be better spent on the mobility of your system or its power. Do you need the notebook, and do you move your system around enough to warrant one? If it'll spent most of it's life on a desk next to a wall, you're better off with the desktop.

frozenlead

Distinguished
The two are nowhere near each other in power. The desktop you've got there destroys the notebook. (Though you're missing a case, optical drives, hard disks, a monitor..)

The bigger question you've got for yourself is will your money be better spent on the mobility of your system or its power. Do you need the notebook, and do you move your system around enough to warrant one? If it'll spent most of it's life on a desk next to a wall, you're better off with the desktop.

Solution

Nebby

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
All i do with a computer is webdesign, piddle with Coding, movies, and GAMES. key word games =) . which i havent tried many new games that just came out because of my system but i play battlefied 2 and call of duty modern warfare. which the one game i play most is Everquest. that would be the game that pretty much stays on my computer 24/7. Of a night i leave my character up and hardly ever shut off the comp. One thing im affraid of buying a laptop for. Not sure how well they regulate Heat.

but I would love to just camp out in the living room and play or when the family goes out on vacation be able to still play... I was willing to spend a few extra for the mobility but I would rather put the few extra in desktop for more memory or a little better vid card

Lol I am so indecisive. I guess reason i have been looking at laptops is because I would love to get away from my desk and move around the house.