MSI laptop built in keyboard not working GE72E

Andrew_210

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Ouut of blue the gameing laptop keyboard stops working all drivers upto date and system says the keyboard is working but they arnt!!

Try the following and see if it helps....

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (yes without reinstalling the driver).
3. When the computer restarts it should install it on its own.

If that doesn't help, then I would ask if anything has been spilled on it? Or dropped on it (like a book, etc. non-liquid), or it has it been dropped itself.

Andrew_210

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Did that still doesn't work

No Nothing spilt and never dropped on it and never been dropped it been stable on bench all its life worked like in morning then i shut down then i turned on in same avro it sudnely decied not to work abosutly no changes made to pc at all

Hmm, try connecting an external keyboard, while the laptop is turned off (not hibernate or sleep) and then see if it works when you turn it on. If yes, then there is definitely something wrong with the attached keyboard. If the external one doesn't work either, then I am at a loss.

If the laptop isn't under warranty anymore, then you can try opening it up and see if anything is disconnected or loose, which would keep it from working.

If, however, it is still under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer, as opening it up would void the warranty.

Andrew_210

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Item still under warranty so took back Harvey norman even a Tech there couldn't get it to work so something drastic is wrong being sent away to get fixed usless crappy I not buying MSI again!!