MSNBC Renamed NBCNews Following NBC/Microsoft Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Wow, for once I agree with what Microsoft has done. NBC is very biased new site that doesn't do a good job of offering news that doesn't fit an agenda. NBC doesn't serve up very good tech news either.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Who watches "NBCNews" anyways? I don't blame M$ pulling out. When you are caught manipulating and making up news not just once or even twice in such little time you lose all credibility as a reliable news source/outlet.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Being that MSNBC was a very liberal biased news source, I can see this being a smart move by Microsoft. Especially with all the heated tax issues and such going on right into an election year. I look up to companies that stay out of politics and focus more on their products.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah Mayne92... its amazing that fox still has a licence to broadcast in this country, considering its a foreigner owned news company, which is supposed to be illegal in the USA.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]Wow, for once I agree with what Microsoft has done. NBC is very biased new site that doesn't do a good job of offering news that doesn't fit an agenda. NBC doesn't serve up very good tech news either.[/citation]

riiiiiiiight and FOX news does

/sarcasm

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
MSNBC is as biased to the left as FOX is to the right. They both carry such agendas that there is no way they are going to report the news without spinning it to their side. I watch neither one because of this and instead go with CNN which is crappy, but at least slightly more to the middle.

G

NBC did this right, in a sense. They ran MSNBC into the ground, and it has such abyssmal ratings, that they no doubt were able to purchase the MS share for peanuts...maybe less.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Anyone who thinks that FOX is "fair and balanced" really need to take a deep look inside themselves.

RawOysters: MSNBC became left-wing, and frankly - it was needed... rather than just news vs. extreme right-wing fox. But a big difference is that fox constantly changes stories, quotes, edits videos, and changes its position on any subject to fit their agenda. Example: they blamed Obama for high gas prices, but they didn't praise him when it went down to $3... nor do they seem to remember their own statements saying "The President cannot control the price of gas" - that was in 2008.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Anyone who thinks that FOX is "fair and balanced" really need to take a deep look inside themselves. RawOysters: MSNBC became left-wing, and frankly - it was needed... rather than just news vs. extreme right-wing fox. But a big difference is that fox constantly changes stories, quotes, edits videos, and changes its position on any subject to fit their agenda. Example: they blamed Obama for high gas prices, but they didn't praise him when it went down to $3... nor do they seem to remember their own statements saying "The President cannot control the price of gas" - that was in 2008.[/citation]
Why would they need MSNBC for left-wing news, when they also have ABC, CBS, and CNN? You act as if there should be no right-wing news available at all.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Being that MSNBC was a very liberal biased news source, I can see this being a smart move by Microsoft. [/citation]

What bullshit.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]Why would they need MSNBC for left-wing news, when they also have ABC, CBS, and CNN? You act as if there should be no right-wing news available at all.[/citation]

Again, what bullshit. Explain how any of those are even slightly left leaning.

I look forward to you looking like a retard.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Anyone who thinks that FOX is "fair and balanced" really need to take a deep look inside themselves. RawOysters: MSNBC became left-wing, and frankly - it was needed... rather than just news vs. extreme right-wing fox. But a big difference is that fox constantly changes stories, quotes, edits videos, and changes its position on any subject to fit their agenda. Example: they blamed Obama for high gas prices, but they didn't praise him when it went down to $3... nor do they seem to remember their own statements saying "The President cannot control the price of gas" - that was in 2008.[/citation]
personally I didn't see a single person on this site defending FOX. Just because we hate NBC ABC CNN etc, does not mean that we 'enjoy' fox news. Every news channel sucks (sigh, reminds me of the old 'every OS sucks' song from back in the day). period. without question. end of story. MS getting out of the traditional news business and starting their own sounds like great news to me. If just one of these organizations were to present 'the whole story' of any story, then I would gladly start following the news again.

As it is now I follow a handful of tech sites, and a smaller handful of finance sites for my news. On that rare occasion that I do want/need general news I go to CNN, because at least they typically present the facts before smothering it in bias, but even they are shoddy at best.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]personally I didn't see a single person on this site defending FOX. Just because we hate NBC ABC CNN etc, [/citation]

Yet you're the one calling them left winged, when they are not. That is typical of Fox News idiots with no clue about the political spectrum.

dennisburke

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Microsoft is in the business of making money and I'm sure they don't want to alienate anyone, whether your a leftie or a right wing nut case.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
The liberal news outlets have been on the decline for quite some time. The ratings prove it, their own earnings reports prove it, and, generally, most people say they suck... and they do, unless ur hardcore like kami3k up there... Hell, they try to put in lame comedians like stewart and maher to put a "funny side" to the left wing agenda, but still fail miserably...

Besides, why bother watching TV, it's so slow... internet brings in the news much much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.