My 2011 Samsung laptop won't turn on

Raven_8

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
I have a 2011 Samsung laptop, and it's not turning on. None of the lights are on, and the screen is black. I had the computer plugged in and charging, and it was working just fine, I wake up and I go to use it, but it's not turning on…what should I do?

Solution
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see...
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution

ffg7

Splendid
Raven_8, try this.
disconnect power adapter from laptop, remove main battery from laptop, hold down the power button for a 20 count. reinstall battery into laptop, reconnect power adapter to laptop. turn on laptop & report back here the status of laptop, good or bad.

Zikri_Hadi

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017

I hv the same prob, i tried the thing that u told but it wont turn on after i did it,

Zikri_Hadi

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I already check the adapter, there is light on it, but im not sure that the cable from the adapter to the laptop is working properly, i already dissemble the laptop and check on the charging port, it is in good condition, if it is not the adapter, what exactly the problem is? For now i try to check the cable between the adapter and the charging port

telgueta

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I have a similar problem, i formatted my laptop, and then it restart, and the screen wont turn on, the fan is working, but the screen is black. I tried connecting it to a external monitor but it wont work, HELP PLEASEE

ffg7

Splendid
did you try this?
disconnect power adapter from laptop, remove main battery from laptop, hold down the power button for a 20 count. reinstall battery into laptop, reconnect power adapter to laptop. turn on laptop & report back here the status of laptop, good or bad.