my acer 5517 wont download updates, media player wont record, now doesn't work at all, and sometimes the screen is blank with

carl1963ok

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
why is my acer 5517 laptop failing? 1st. media player will not record, now some time later wont play back any of the music already recorded. 2nd, several drivers aren't working. windows updates quit downloading with january 14 updates. get a constant warning telling me to turn on updates, but they will not turn on from the control panel, act like they do but they don't. and now the computer will turn on but there is no wall paper or start screen only the curser, fully functional. control alt delete gives me the option to use task manager and by opening file the home screen suddenly works. most of theese problems occured since downloading spy hunter 4. but this program has not bothered any of my other computers.

Solution
I would un-install spy hunter 4 first and then use System Restore and go back as far as possible. If System Restore won't work, see if you have a repair function. Many laptops have a large repair partition that is there just to fix these types of problems. If you have a Windows disk, insert it and you should have an option to repair system files. Laptops are frequently a little different than W7 desktops, however, if you have help instructions I am sure they tell you which method to use to restore the Windows system files to like new status!

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I would un-install spy hunter 4 first and then use System Restore and go back as far as possible. If System Restore won't work, see if you have a repair function. Many laptops have a large repair partition that is there just to fix these types of problems. If you have a Windows disk, insert it and you should have an option to repair system files. Laptops are frequently a little different than W7 desktops, however, if you have help instructions I am sure they tell you which method to use to restore the Windows system files to like new status!

Solution

carl1963ok

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

carl1963ok

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
system restore acts like it's working, but after resart message says system restore failed. i don't have a w7 restore disk but am ordering one now. thank you for taking time to out of your life to consider my problem. i will let you know if this fix works. "a thousand thanks"