My Acer Aspire E 15 won't work with the charger

redlady50

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
My Acer Aspire is only a year old, works perfectly on battery, but when I plug the charger in to use it with that instead, it become very slow and if I'm watching a film, the screen freezes and is out of sync, is there something wrong with my charger, it's been like this since I bought it!

redlady50

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Thankyou for your reply!, my laptop is no longer under Acer warranty, but I took out an extended one with the retailer I bought it from, I've contacted Acer directly, to see if they can help, I know this is not a usual problem, as normally any issues are because the charger won't charger, mine is fine with charging, it just plugging it in and useing it with my laptop switched on, that's the problem!

redlady50

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Thankyou for your suggestion about 'Bios', i've downloaded something, but it hasn't made any difference, still can't get my mains to work with my laptop when on!, Acer told me to fully charge the battery, then run it down until it's flat, can't see how that's going to help?!

redlady50

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

Thankyou so much for your help!, my laptop was on the 'balanced' power plan, I've changed it to 'high performance' and it's perfect when plugged in!!, can watch my films, etc now with no problem!!, can i leave the setting on 'high performance' (even if just using battery power?), as I read that it wears the battery out?, is that true?