Solved! My acer display not showing when you switch it on

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lartwel Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
U Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 11
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Nvidia card is not showing up in display adapter and Intel card is used instead
Question Why my Asus TUF FX505DU display show red color as orangeish
Dell 3537 i on my laptop but display doesn't show anything but 4 white lights are turn on what is the problem pls fix it s
Solved! MSI laptot with broken screen won’t show display on MSI monitor or Sony TV
Screen split into 3 parts center is OK but right side part is showing in left side similarly left side display showing right s
Solved! How can I connect my Hp 620 laptop which screen is broken and display is showing nothing to a TV using HDMI cable
After I power on my laptop it shows no display but caplock led will get on as well as fan will on and then it automatically sh
Dell won't show post
Solved! Sony Vaio not showing display and has a flashing hardrive light
Solved! My Asus Laptop Only Shows A Black Screen
Reformatted laptop won’t show display after installinh windows 10
Laptop not showing display but turning on
i have a flex 15 touch laptop having display problem like in the background it show my previously used app in pink colour and
I have a asus g50v and I cant seem to figure out how to get the external display to show anything after boot up process I don'
My Pc ASUS S200E working. When I power it it shows the on but the display light is black what the solution for it.
when i turned on my lenovo laptop model no.- G580 screengoes pink and its show nothing in display what can i do?
Problem external monitor only shows my laptop background no icons or current program displayed. Windows 10
Lenovo G50-80 Bios not showing on External Display !
my hp note pc 2000 display is not working and it's showing black when i switch on my laptop. Please provide me details how to
Laptop not showing screen but when it is connected to tv through hdmi cabel the screen is showing in tv not in laptop

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS