my acer one 10 shows black screen with mouse pointer when turned on

Madhumitha

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
I bought this Acer one 10 notebook a day ago and I shut it down yesterday evening.TODAY when I switched on it just shows mouse pointer with black screen...Help me to solve this issue.

Hi,

Start by doing a hard reset most of the time this resolves the issue. Unplug it from the charger then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it will load you desktop screen. If these doesn't work try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- While the laptop is on with only the mouse cursor connect and external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If it shows the same black screen with only the mouse cursor you can disconnect the external monitor.
- Press CTRL+ATL+DEL at the same time and select Task Manager.
- Once open click File then select New Task. Type "explorer.exe" and click OK, see if you'll get your normal desktop screen back.
- If these doesn't work I would suggest to just do a factory reset with it since it may be an OS issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 10
A Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 3
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question Windows 10 not starting up shows black screen on my connex laptop slim book 2. Only power light is on
Question Laptop boots to black screen but mouse shows
My Acer laptop screen is broken so I normally use HDMI but it just shows a black screen
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
Solved! Lenovo laptop turns on but only shows black screen
Solved! My lenovo y520 15ikbn shows black screen when i start my laptop
Solved! horizontal black lines showed up and grew on my chromebook screen?
Solved! My Toshiba labtop had went to black screen and would show erra now it stays black you can here it come on but the scene stays
Solved! Cant boot ASUS k55a laptop shows black screen
Lenovo laptop boots but shows black screen after Lenovo logo
Solved! my screen is not showing letters due to black contrast settings how do i fix that
Solved! My Asus Laptop Only Shows A Black Screen
Solved! I use acer swift 3 window 10. I tried to turn on the laptop, the screen showed the acer logo but suddenly the it turned black.
I have a windows 10 acer touch screen laptop, nothiing happens after i turn it on and the logo shows up, just a black screen b
My acer screen ia black an the white an yellow light shows up but nothing on screen.
Asus Zenbook UX305 black screen but shows laptop is on via LED illumination
Asus notebook model E402M showing black screen
My Asus shows lights on and fan is running but the screen is black
My lenovo 320 ideapad screen is black power button is showing it's on

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS