My andriod box remote its controling my tv to change setting and channels how can i stop this

Misbeechy-92

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
My andriod box remote is controling my settings on my tv how do i stop it from happening its like the remote is conected to the tv which its not

Solution
You can try turning off the CEC function in the TV menu. CEC allows a source to control the TV over HDMI. Screws up more often than it works.

If the remote is IR it may have the same codes as the TV. If the remote has other built in TV codes in the built in database you can change them to another brand that won't affect your TV. Usually a 3 or 4 digit code. If you don't see any mention of it in the instructions you may not be able to fix the issue.
You can try turning off the CEC function in the TV menu. CEC allows a source to control the TV over HDMI. Screws up more often than it works.

If the remote is IR it may have the same codes as the TV. If the remote has other built in TV codes in the built in database you can change them to another brand that won't affect your TV. Usually a 3 or 4 digit code. If you don't see any mention of it in the instructions you may not be able to fix the issue.

Solution