Solved! My ASUS GU502GV won’t power in

Dec 26, 2019
I was using my laptop (the ROG-GU502GV) and while playing need for speed, the laptop mysteriously shut off and won’t power back up. I’ve tried the gold power but for x amount of time but to no avail, i even opened the back up to see if there were any glaring issues, but my computer knowledge is limited and i didn’t see anything that seemed to off. If anyone could help that’d be appreciated

Solution
Sounds like either a power issue or something is overheated. I suggest leaving it be for a few hours, if not overnight, and see if it will start up then. If it does, then you have something that is overheating and you need to get it repaired before more damage is done.

However, if it won't start up even hours later, then it still could have overheated, but the damage is already done, or there is a power problem. Bad battery, bad charger, etc.

If this is the case, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer if the laptop is under warranty and if it isn't, then try a local tech.
Sounds like either a power issue or something is overheated. I suggest leaving it be for a few hours, if not overnight, and see if it will start up then. If it does, then you have something that is overheating and you need to get it repaired before more damage is done.

However, if it won't start up even hours later, then it still could have overheated, but the damage is already done, or there is a power problem. Bad battery, bad charger, etc.

If this is the case, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer if the laptop is under warranty and if it isn't, then try a local tech.

Solution
Dec 26, 2019

Yeah i’m most likely going to go to a few electronic repair shops in my city to see if they could find anything. The battery was plugged in and the temperature wasn’t that high, luckily i still have the warrantee. Thanks for the input