my Asus netbook turned on but when I entered my password it turns black but I can still see the mouse pointer

Kiwinagger

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
My Asus netbook is fine when I turned on but when I entered my password the screen turns black but I still see the mouse pointer and can move too

Solution
Not sure what your Windows version is, but try this:

1 - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to load Task Manager.

2 - Press the "File" tab.

3 - Press "Run new task"

4 - Type, without quotes, " explorer.exe ", and then press the "OK" button.

If this does not resolve your issue, save all your work, boot into the advanced startup/boot options menu, backup your data, and try to refresh or reset your system, whichever is more suitable for your current situation. See this article for more information: https://www.lifewire.com/advanced-startup-options-2625805 - be careful with options you are not familiar with.

If you are unable to access the advanced startup/boot options menu normally, try doing this:

1 - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to load Task...

TechPrsn

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Not sure what your Windows version is, but try this:

3 - Press "Run new task"

4 - Type, without quotes, " explorer.exe ", and then press the "OK" button.

If this does not resolve your issue, save all your work, boot into the advanced startup/boot options menu, backup your data, and try to refresh or reset your system, whichever is more suitable for your current situation. See this article for more information: https://www.lifewire.com/advanced-startup-options-2625805 - be careful with options you are not familiar with.

If you are unable to access the advanced startup/boot options menu normally, try doing this:

3 - Press "Run new task"

4 - Type, without quotes, " cmd ", and then press the "OK" button.

3- In the command prompt window, type, without quotes, " shutdown /r /o /f /t 00 ", and then press the enter key, in order to boot to the menu. Save all your work first.

Solution