Solved! my Audio stopped working, Help out please

Feb 12, 2019
My system requested for a windows update and i updated it and after the update, my sound stopped working, even if i plug an ear piece or speaker ...it won't work....i tried updating the drivers and nothing changed and i also installed a new windows 10 and nothing yet....Please what do you think is wrong and the solution..THANKS

name of system is hp620

When you installed the driver, did you go get it or did you let the computer find it from inside "Control Panel" and then "Sound"? If you got it yourself, then I would suggest letting the computer find the right one. You may need one older than you are getting.

Now if that doesn't help, then try going to "System Restore" and choose a restore point that is prior to the update. If the problem was something in the update itself, that should fix it. If it doesn't fix it, then the problem likely isn't software.

Reactions: VicVol14
Feb 12, 2019
When you installed the driver, did you go get it or did you let the computer find it from inside "Control Panel" and then "Sound"? If you got it yourself, then I would suggest letting the computer find the right one. You may need one older than you are getting.

Now if that doesn't help, then try going to "System Restore" and choose a restore point that is prior to the update. If the problem was something in the update itself, that should fix it. If it doesn't fix it, then the problem likely isn't software.

I installed the Sound drivers in three different ways..
  1. Using a drivers pack
  2. Using Device Manager
  3. I went to Hp website and downloaded a sound driver specific to the system
And none worked but I will try downloading an old version

And again...I have changed the windows, so I can't perform System Restore