My battery dies when I'm charging it when it's off. Why?

Michelle_102

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
My cell phone battery is dying while I'm charging it when it's off! Why does it do this? I can't take out the battery on the phone. It doesn't come out it's a Motorola Droid

Solution
Actually you can access the battery, but it is a bit complex (compared to other phones).

It is possible it isn't the battery, and it is the charging cord, that is the issue. Have you tried the cord with another device to see if it works? Also, try a different cord on that phone to see if it works.

If the cord turns out not to be the issue, check if the phone is still under warranty. If it is then you should contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

If it isn't under warranty anymore, then you will need to either do the work yourself, or take it to a local tech/repair shop and have the battery replaced.
Actually you can access the battery, but it is a bit complex (compared to other phones).

It is possible it isn't the battery, and it is the charging cord, that is the issue. Have you tried the cord with another device to see if it works? Also, try a different cord on that phone to see if it works.

If the cord turns out not to be the issue, check if the phone is still under warranty. If it is then you should contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

If it isn't under warranty anymore, then you will need to either do the work yourself, or take it to a local tech/repair shop and have the battery replaced.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS