Solved! My bluetooth disconnects I have to manually reconnect

Feb 4, 2020
I have a Toshiba satellite laptop/Win 10/using Firefox browser. ALL updated. My problem is that when I start Pandora or a radio station on my laptop with Bluetooth on to Pair with my Sony Home entertainment system to play through my tv speakers, the Bletooth connects right away runs for 10 or 20 seconds then shuts off.

The radio switch in settings for Bluetooth On/Off shows ON. But no sound out of either my laptop or speakers.

I have found that if I turn the bluetooth radio switch off wait a few seconds then back on my bluetooth works as normal and will continue without stop. But I have to go through this procedure EVERY time I start the bluetooth.

This problem does not exist in my phone or my Ipad. Only with my laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers and ran the MS diagnostics..to no avail.

Can anyone help with some ideas?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Try windows 8.1 drivers or a tool like driver booster to find more up to date drivers
be careful with such a tool and only use it to find drivers, don´t install drivers directly with this tool. Search the driver which was found to be more current over the net yourself.
Which bluetooth driver versions did you try?

try the Microsoft Edge browser

does it happen while you play a video or mp3 as well?

Is it happening while the AC charger is connected or only on battery or both?

Update the firmware of the Sony Home entertainment system if available
update the BIOS of the laptop if available

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for answering: The Browser being used makes no difference.

It happens on anything but actually all I really do is stream Radio or Pandora thru BT to my speakers.

The sony has been updated.

And yes it happens on either Batt or plug in.

I do think I have found the problem though (finally) and this may be of help to some.

My laptop has the Intel Centrino N2230 WiFi card in it and Intel has stopped issuing updates for this. So my computer and the Intel site was telling me my drivers were the most current! Imagine that kind of misinformation...anyway Since the bluetooth is tied to this card I believe the only fix is to replace the Centrino with a new Dual Band WiFi card that is being supported and has current drivers.

Any thoughts on my presumed solution??

Try windows 8.1 drivers or a tool like driver booster to find more up to date drivers
be careful with such a tool and only use it to find drivers, don´t install drivers directly with this tool. Search the driver which was found to be more current over the net yourself.

Solution