My computer has been probably infected with malware

minhlaclun

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Sorry, I'm a newbie and I hope I can get help from all of you from now on.

So I will get straight to the point. I downloaded a Rar file supposed to contain cracked contents for game, honestly, I thought it is a legit file and ignored checking it firsthand. I extracted and ran the .exe executable file, however, the screen just flicked like when you refresh and nothing else happened afterward. I check Task Manager for peculiar running services and program however nothing seems strange at all. Currently I'm using Kasperky Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes but after scanning those programs did not find anything or quarantine any folder so I'm confused.

Is there any chance that my computer has been infected by malware/trojan? Please help me.

Matthew_198

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I would recommend downloading a utility called trend housecall http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/ . It is very affective at detecting viruses. If that doesn't work then as has been said you need to reinstall your OS.

minhlaclun

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

I installed it and ran a full system scan to be sure. It detected 1 threat after more than 2 hours of searching. However, when I direct to the location of the detected file it was revealed that the file had been there for a long time, apparently there is no other threat from the scan. I can provide the Rar file so if you don't mind it, would you do me a favor analyzing the file? Or can someone with proper measurements can help me out I'll appreciate much.
This is the link of the file, I uploaded it to my Drive.

Mousemonkey

Distinguished

Please keep your infections to yourself.

minhlaclun

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
If you know a safe way to appraise the file please tell me. I don't plan to exploit anyone.It's not necessary for you to do, if you don't want to do it just tell me your way I'll dig the hole myself.

Benkberg97

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
Try system restore. If you don't have any restore points, you can use Hitman Pro as a last resort. https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx. You could also try booting in safe mode to see if you still have the issue.

minhlaclun

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
After trying all the Anti-Mal you guys have suggested for me, nothing critical was found so I had to conclude that my rig is still in safe, partially. Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate that. I will be cautious from now on.