PC infected with NEW and NASTY adware! NEED HELP ASAP

Apr 9, 2018
My computer has been infected with something and I've tried every possible solution but still couldn't remove it.

After downloading something off kickasstorrent, I opened an .exe file which immediately lead to a bunch of programs installing themselves onto my computer, as well as a bunch of internet shortcuts/redirects appearing on my desktop.

The first thing I did was delete the internet shortcut from my desktop. Next I ran a scan with malwarebytes, then hitmanpro, then adwcleaner(in safe mode). This remove most of the stuff but obviously not all of it.

This is where the tricky part comes in. Whenever I tried so search up the words adware or adwcleaner using any browser(I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox), my browser would automatically shut itself down. If I managed to make my way onto the adwcleaner website, my browser would again close itself. I had no problems going onto malwarebytes or other sort of anti-malware/virus websites.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-s...

Furthermore, I've followed every steps given by this website. I've managed to "remove" the malware, trojan etc by using the software they recommended. However, I'm still facing the same issue of whenever I search something with the word “adware” or “adwcleaner” my browser closes itself. Adwcleaner wouldn't work unless it's in safe mode. I tried to launch adwcleaner in normal mode but it closed itself every time almost instantly after opening. I scanned my PC with malwarebytes and hitman pro at least 5 times already. It also wouldn't let me use system restore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Did you restart the PC after cleaning with the programs you used? Still same issues?

Look for System Restore on your PC and choose a date before you ran this program. If all else fails, your last option would be to reinstall Windows (full wipe and reinstall).

In the future, do not run .exe programs from shady websites.

USAFRet

Illustrious
After downloading something off kickasstorrent, I opened an .exe file which...

In the event of a particularly nasty infection, which this seems to be...you need to start over.
Either from a backup you have from before you did that foolish thing, or a full wipe and reinstall.

Sometimes, you just can't make them go away via normal means.
Time to go nuclear.

Apr 9, 2018

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there isn't a backup that I can use. I'm quite a noob when it comes to PC related things, would you be able to explain what a full wipe and reinstall means?

McSkops

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Did you restart the PC after cleaning with the programs you used? Still same issues?

Look for System Restore on your PC and choose a date before you ran this program. If all else fails, your last option would be to reinstall Windows (full wipe and reinstall).

In the future, do not run .exe programs from shady websites.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

A full reinstall of the OS (and everything else). Going back to day 1 condition.
What OS is this?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH you mear RU? Thats only removable with TOTAL windows reinstallation. I've had that issue with my second PC when downloading World of Tanks BOT (Auotplaying) but as for mail ru, its simply hard to remove it because:
1. Its always running and hard to delete the exe,
2. Registry...
3. It intergrates in shortcut of the browser (like "C:\blabla\Chrome.exe" -Mail.ru)
4. System restore yes it does help but it still sticks.

The good thing is, you can backup your data without intergrating "That" virus to data. But there is always a risk.