Question Slow running laptop, slow boot up, slow desktop display ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilkesy

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
My Asus gaming laptop randomly went slow. Currently running windows 11. I do download a lot and tried ccleaner and malwarebites to try fix the issue if it’s do with a virus or missing registry entries.

It was fine yesterday and today it’s like something trying to process in the background which I think it making it run very slow. Iv tried task manager too but it’s just stating the windows defender is running the highest cpu so I can’t end the task but it’s always running anyway in the background so I don’t know think that’s problem, there’s also nothing else that stands out on task manager.

iv also tried to restore my system to a previous good points, but both times have failed because an username iCloud error desktop ini what ever that means.

Is my next resort just to do a full wipe or anyone got any third party app that I could try which might find the issue if it’s to do with a very well hidden virus/malware or system error in general?

also if I do a wipe, anyone got any decent free apps that are worth getting for malware/virus software and something that’ll know when my drivers need updating ?

I have tried tried rebooting in safe mode and my laptop was still slow. I have done a fresh factory reset and it still randomly running really slow, what can I do to try and find the issue ?

My laptop is an ASUS TUF A15 FA506 running windows 11. Again the only thing iv noticed is it’s like something trying to run in the background, my apps are constantly refreshing on and off every so often because it’s that slow.

Wilkesy

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
check cpu temp?
how full is the ssd?
My task manager cpu doesn’t look high but it does keep fluctuating.

something isn’t right and confused as to why the error is still there after a full reset.

How do I add pictures just to see if someone can spot something off on my task manager

Last edited:

Wilkesy

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
Also there’s literally nothing on my ssd with it been a fresh install. This time iv done a fresh reset again but from the cloud to see if it’s anything to with bits that could be wrong with the windows system that I had previously installed.
Are there any third party apps that are useful to help rebuild windows of its running slow to do checked on what could have failed to make my system run slow?

could it be the RAM or if it would be ram would I just get blue screen of death ?

Should I attempt a a downgrade from windows 11 to 10 ?

sorry for all the questions, just been through this before and my laptop should not be

Status
Not open for further replies.