My computer has white lines on it how can I fix it

Zoe12345

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
My sister decide to put her head on my computer and now it just has white lines on it and I can't see anything

Solution

Greetings Zoe:

What exactly do you mean by your sister putting her head on the computer? Did she slam her head onto the keyboard, or did she just rest her head gently?

And while I assume you're using a laptop, it would still be useful to know the name/brand of the machine.

Hopefully, all you need to do is to restart the machine by holding down the power button until the machine dies. Although the white lines you're mentioning are a bit worrying...

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Greetings Zoe:

What exactly do you mean by your sister putting her head on the computer? Did she slam her head onto the keyboard, or did she just rest her head gently?

And while I assume you're using a laptop, it would still be useful to know the name/brand of the machine.

Hopefully, all you need to do is to restart the machine by holding down the power button until the machine dies. Although the white lines you're mentioning are a bit worrying...

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution

Zoe12345

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Hello Zoe:

It seems to be a serious problem. Here are a few options:

a) Contact the store where you bought the machine. If the HP is still under warranty, they probably have some service agreement to help you;
b) Call HP's tech support. The number is usually included in the user guide that came with the machine.

If the machine is more than 2 years old, the warranty has probably expired. This means that you will have to pay for any repair, unless you're willing to do it yourself.

From your description it seems to a problem with the graphics card. This card may be removable, in which case you can unscrew the bottom cover of the machine and remove/reinsert the small graphics card. If it's not removable, i.e. soldered on to the mainboard, I'm afraid you have to send the machine to an HP service shop, which could be a costly affair.

Finally, it may be that you only need to unplug the power cord, open the back cover and disconnect the battery for a few hours.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Zoe12345

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Zoe12345

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
yea k..! I just might have to take it to the shop!! I could try and do it myself.. but I wouldn't know what to do first..!! thanks very much for your time!!
chrz zoe..!!