my computer made a screeching noise then went black.....the power button on the side blinkes rered three times and thats it ju

Crystaland2007

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
My lenovo laptop went black during use before it crashed it made a screeching noise then went black the power button on the side blinks red three times when I try to turn it on.......help

Solution
1. Its possible the fan caused the screeching sound, possibly too much dust or something is loose. In very rare cases bios updates done from within windows, which is a very bad idea can cause the motherboard and bios not to regulate the fan properly, i know this from experience with a friends laptop. Immediately after the bios update the fan became intermittent and noisy even after opening and cleaning it. To fix this problem refer to step 2.

2. Remove battery and power cable, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds to discharge the laptop, now reconnect battery and charger and try booting up.

3. In some rare cases step 2 wont work, the only way it was solved was removing the battery and charger, as well as the cmos battery and...

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
1. Its possible the fan caused the screeching sound, possibly too much dust or something is loose. In very rare cases bios updates done from within windows, which is a very bad idea can cause the motherboard and bios not to regulate the fan properly, i know this from experience with a friends laptop. Immediately after the bios update the fan became intermittent and noisy even after opening and cleaning it. To fix this problem refer to step 2.

2. Remove battery and power cable, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds to discharge the laptop, now reconnect battery and charger and try booting up.

3. In some rare cases step 2 wont work, the only way it was solved was removing the battery and charger, as well as the cmos battery and leaving the laptop to sit UNUSED for about 7 days, this does work. If the comos battery cannot be removed by yourself due to fear off breaking the laptop then extend the period of not using the laptop. I know this worked for a friend.

Solution