My Dell laptop can't open a new page when browsing.

Dorismar_6

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
My Dell laptop can't open a new page when browsing, it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am, it only works on the main page which is MSN, when searching opens a new page it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am!... I tried installing and removing different browsers, also checked firewall settings... the last thing I tried to do was restoring to a previous point and I noticed that for a few months it was not creating new restoring points.

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Romeru Laptop Tech Support 6
P Laptop Tech Support 4