Question My dell laptop won't turn even though it brandnew

Jun 2, 2019
I recently received a brand new dell inspiron 11 3162 and after a couple of days it stopped turning on i searched the internet and came across many methods but nothing worked. So i removed the battery (disconnected it) and ran it on direct ac and it worked fine then i reopened it connected the battery and it worked like normal laptop then i turned it off and left overnight the next morning it showed the same problem i tried the same method and it worked again so in summary
With battery - - doesn't turn on
With battery and adpater-- doesn't turn on
Without battery, with direct power-- turns on fine
If reconected the battery after using on direct power-- works like normal but if turned off for couple of hours the problem starts again everytime
Kindly help in sorting this problem i will really appreciate any help

Jun 2, 2019
contact dell to get a replacement or warranty work
I contacted Amazon they said contact dell so contacted them too but they are not going to replace it but said would repair it by changing motherboard processor and ram but going to charge nearly 3/4 of the laptop worth and also it work really good on direct power so am kinda stuck with it and don't know what to do with it

Jun 2, 2019
No new device doesn't have a warranty of some kind. Sounds fishy to me.
It had a warranty but dell service centre hardware damage is not included only manufacturing defects and they refused to believe that it was manufacturing defect . But i dont seem to understand how it can work so well on direct power if hardware( not including battery) had a problem

Apologies, but that doesn't make sense. If it is a new enough laptop and is not functioning correctly, then it should be covered. Unless you did something to void the warranty, like drop it, spill something on it, open it up, etc.

If none of that, or anything else that could void it, was done, then I suggest you contact them again and talk with someone else. Anything wrong, not done by you, should be covered.

It had a warranty but dell service centre hardware damage is not included only manufacturing defects and they refused to believe that it was manufacturing defect . But i dont seem to understand how it can work so well on direct power if hardware( not including battery) had a problem

How can they say it's hardware damage without looking at the system? Maybe you are not explaining things properly to them, contact them again and try to get a second level person on the phone or chat. I have never run into a situation where support refused to believe me where the issue was or what happened. Your mistake was opening the laptop in the first place, they can say that you damaged it when opening it, although even that need some sort of evidence.

If it was bought through Amazon they have a good return policy, if you return it even for Amazon credit, do that. Last several generations of Dells have had major issues with batteries, motherboards, USB C ports failing. Get a Lenovo, my pile of dead Dells at work is taller than me.

Jun 2, 2019
Dell is ready to provide support but i dont know why they are going to $100 as the cost of new parts i tried to support centre in my city as well as in the neighbouring city but Amazon was pretty clear that they will not take the laptop back as the seller is not willing too i think i have email that they send

Will it be worth change the battery as someone earlier said to, I found a person i know who has a similar laptop with same battlery thinking trying to put his battery into mine

Dell is ready to provide support but i dont know why they are going to $100 as the cost of new parts i tried to support centre in my city as well as in the neighbouring city but Amazon was pretty clear that they will not take the laptop back as the seller is not willing too i think i have email that they send

Will it be worth change the battery as someone earlier said to, I found a person i know who has a similar laptop with same battlery thinking trying to put his battery into mine

They should not be charging you for parts for a new system issue, did you contact dell directly? Is this support center Dell or some repair shop? Sounds like they are trying to charge you for something they should not be. Unless the warranty in your area is a special case, or you got the laptop outside of your country. Try emailing Dell support directly or calling them.

Jun 2, 2019
They should not be charging you for parts for a new system issue, did you contact dell directly? Is this support center Dell or some repair shop? Sounds like they are trying to charge you for something they should not be. Unless the warranty in your area is a special case, or you got the laptop outside of your country. Try emailing Dell support directly or calling them.
it an authorized dell support centre but i will try to contact dell directly but may anyone know what is causing the problem it would easier to explain them