My ellipsis 8 screen is blinking on and off

Ken_31

Commendable
May 7, 2016
The screen blinks on and off as if it rebooting. I charged it over night and still is blinking. I have tried holding the power button for 20 seconds and that didn't work. I also tried holding the power button with the volume up and down buttons. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Solution
It could be a few things. First, did you try charging it while it was off, instead of on? I ask because if it was completely drained dry you would need to leave it charging way longer than you usually do. The batteries are not really meant to be drained completely. See if will charge that way. If yes, then there are other issues.

Second, have you tried replacing the battery? They do go after a while, some sooner than others. If the battery is bad, it won't charge, no matter how long you plug it in for. If the battery isn't bad then we move onward.

Third, check if there are any stuck buttons or stuff stuck in with the buttons (food, lint, dust, etc.). If so, this can cause the drain, while it is trying to charge. If it charges then...
It could be a few things. First, did you try charging it while it was off, instead of on? I ask because if it was completely drained dry you would need to leave it charging way longer than you usually do. The batteries are not really meant to be drained completely. See if will charge that way. If yes, then there are other issues.

Second, have you tried replacing the battery? They do go after a while, some sooner than others. If the battery is bad, it won't charge, no matter how long you plug it in for. If the battery isn't bad then we move onward.

Third, check if there are any stuck buttons or stuff stuck in with the buttons (food, lint, dust, etc.). If so, this can cause the drain, while it is trying to charge. If it charges then, when off, see if it will work then when you turn it back on.

Fourth, If not, and it still flashes, I would ask if you installed anything new, or updated anything, just before the problem started? To check that you would want to turn the device back off and start it in "Safe Mode".

To boot in "Safe Mode" turn the tablet on as normal, but when you start to see the logo appear (during boot up) hold down the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons, together. Continue holding down the two buttons until the device starts up in "Safe Mode". You should see it mentioned/indicated on the screen.

If it starts in "Safe Mode", then you definitely have something on your tablet that is causing the problem and would have to remove it. If it doesn't start, even in "Safe Mode" then I would recommend a "Hard Reset". This however, I would always leave as a last option, as it erases your data.

If in the end even a "Hard Reset" doesn't fix the problem, then you will probably need to replace your device.

Reactions: XValeria0
Solution