Wifi works fine, but ethernet port will not work , keeps going in and out with plug , says plug not plugged in or broken, however i use the same plug on 3 other devices and it works fine, so i know its the port.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue. If all these steps will not work its going to be leaning towards a hardware problem.
- Uninstall/reinstall the Network card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the LAN driver.
- Reboot your laptop and that should actually reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot test if it would work using wired connection.
- If it will not install do download and install the latest driver there is from the manufacturers website.
- If all these will not work I would consider doing a factory reset before concluding that it's a hardware failure.