my galaxy s7 edge got stolen... how can I track it?? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbellamy56

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I bought a Samsung galaxy s7 edge brand new on the Verizon edge plan and about 2 months ago it was stolen so now I'm stuck paying the bill and don't even have a phone... I need some advice to help find my phone please... is there anyway I can gps track it??

Solution
Cellphone call center vet here.

It was stolen two months ago? You're pretty well out of luck. I hope you reported it to your provider and had the line suspended until you got a new device, otherwise you're liable for any overages that may be incurred on the line.

As for tracking it, unless you had installed the specific Android tracker application and signed up for an account with it, you're out of luck as well I hate to say. There's also nothing a call center can do to track it for you.

Unfortunately, you will be stuck paying for the device. HOWEVER, if you were insightful and signed up for any insurance offered by your provider, the insurance company will replace your device but at the cost of a deductible; usually $250 for a new...

Belphegore

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Cellphone call center vet here.

It was stolen two months ago? You're pretty well out of luck. I hope you reported it to your provider and had the line suspended until you got a new device, otherwise you're liable for any overages that may be incurred on the line.

As for tracking it, unless you had installed the specific Android tracker application and signed up for an account with it, you're out of luck as well I hate to say. There's also nothing a call center can do to track it for you.

Unfortunately, you will be stuck paying for the device. HOWEVER, if you were insightful and signed up for any insurance offered by your provider, the insurance company will replace your device but at the cost of a deductible; usually $250 for a new phone like the S7 Edge.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.