My Gateway computer will not load Windows 7 I do not have backup disks

Nov 27, 2018
First I have to state I am not a computer person at all. I have a Gateway computer I bought 6 years ago and it came with Windows 7. I recently started my computer and a message came up that Windows 7 could not be started. I've read the suggestions on here. I'm going to try it. But I'm scared to death of screwing up the computer completely. I'm crossing my fingers. My Gmail address is : Removed

Nov 27, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tawneepat : "My Gateway computer will not load Windows 7 I do not have backup disks"

First I have to state I am not a computer person at all. I have a Gateway computer I bought 6 years ago and it came with Windows 7. I recently started my computer and a message came up that Windows 7 could not be started. I've read the suggestions on here. I'm going to try it. But I'm scared to death of screwing up the computer completely. I'm crossing my fingers. My Gmail address is : Removed

Nov 27, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tawneepat : "My laptop will not open Windows 7. Please help me"

First I have to state I am not a computer person at all. I have a Gateway computer I bought 6 years ago and it came with Windows 7. I recently started my computer and a message came up that Windows 7 could not be started. I do not have any of the backup disks / recovery disks either. I've read the suggestions on here. I'm going to try it. But I'm scared to death of screwing up the computer completely. I'm crossing my fingers.

My Gmail address is : T******@******* [Moderator edit to remove email address. Please do not post personal information.]