Solved! My inspiron 5765 I7 5000 series non touchpad laptop keeps turning itself off and back on again any time it pleases - even if i

Mar 11, 2018
This is my 6th identical laptop with the same issues. among a lot of problems my laptop shuts down and turns itself back on without any warning or reason and has been doing this since the beginning. also problems with cursor jumping, scroll bar not scrolling, letters not typing and other issues. please if anyone out there can help me i would appreciate it as it seems that dell isn't helping me. they keep telling me there is nothing wrong

Solution
Does not sound like there is much you can do yourself to fix this, unless the issue is cause by something you are doing, moving mouse, hitting the touchpad, blocking air vents on the laptop, you need to return this and get another system if they can't get yours working properly even after being in a shop several times. There is a lemon law even for computers, if you have to have the system repaired for the same issue several times, you can get a replacement again. I would check with them and ask for a different model.
In 95% of the cases, the cursor jumping is because someone is hitting the touchpad as they are typing. It should not shut itself off though, and for sure not after you already had replacements. Did you get new systems or were they just replacing parts in yours? It just powers off as you are using it, or does it do something else? Doe sit happen on both battery and wall power?

Mar 11, 2018
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE AND I AM SIGHT IMPAIRED SO TYPE IN CAPS AND NOT YELLING BUT MY CURSOR JUMPS EVEN WHEN I AM NOT TOUCHING THE KEYBOARD OR TOUCH PAD. SOMETIMES I SIT BACK AND READ WHAT I HAVE TYPED BEFORE POSTING IT AND I WILL WATCH THE CURSOR JUMP FROM PLACE TO PLACE. AS FOR THE SHUTTING OFF THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED WAS DAYS AFTER MY FIRST BRAND NEW DELL LAPTOP AND THAT LAPTOP WAS REPLACED. IT WAS AFTER THAT WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THE COMPANY DOESN'T SEND YOU A NEW LAPTOP BUT A REFURBISHED ONE AND NATURALLY I WAS ANGRY AND FINALLY DID MANAGE TO GET A BRAND NEW ONE BUT THE EXACT SAME MODEL WHICH HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. LAPTOP WENT BACK AND FORTH TO REPAIR SHOP AND GIVEN REPLACEMENT ONES AGAIN TO THE TOTAL OF 6 OR 7 NOW - I CAN'T REMEMBER. THIS HAPPENS ON BOTH WALL POWER AND BATTERY POWER ALTHOUGH MY LAPTOP IS MOSTLY PLUGGED INTO THE WALL SOCKET SINCE I AM SITTING AT MY KITCHEN TABLE 365 DAYS A YEAR. THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE THOUGH

Does not sound like there is much you can do yourself to fix this, unless the issue is cause by something you are doing, moving mouse, hitting the touchpad, blocking air vents on the laptop, you need to return this and get another system if they can't get yours working properly even after being in a shop several times. There is a lemon law even for computers, if you have to have the system repaired for the same issue several times, you can get a replacement again. I would check with them and ask for a different model.

Solution