My Iphone and Computer both crashed the same day. I have very important text messages I need to retrieve. I already synced new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexst101

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
I have an iPhone 4s now, I am trying to recover my text messages. I tried iClouds but all it did was sync everything BUT the text messages. I tried recovering them from my Itunes account from another PC and still can't recover my text messages... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am with AT&T if that helps out anymore.

Solution
I'm doubt whether you did the proper operation. Here are the professional process:

From iTunes backup:
1. Connect your iPhone to the PC with which you sync it. iTunes should open (if not, open it manually).
2. You should see your iPhone in a box, top righthand corner. Select it.
3. Now choose 'Restore backup'.
4. All the data you previously backed up will now replace the data on your phone. It will take a few minutes. As long as you haven't backed up subsequent to deleting those text messages, they should now appear on your phone handset.

From iCloud:
1. Login to https://icloud.com with your Apple ID and password
2. Click on Text Messages (if it isn't there your messages haven't been backed up).
3. If it is there searched the...

Dexst101

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
My hard drive was corrupted and had to replace with a new drive so it's pretty much like me having a brand new computer ::Sigh::. My messages were backed up to the crashed PCs hard drive and I have already discarded old Hard Drive.

Dexst101

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Thanks! But what I don't understand is that I received ALL my information (contacts, music, Phone calls, Apps) from iCloud except for my text messages. I'm on hold waiting for a representative.

Jacob Edward

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
I'm doubt whether you did the proper operation. Here are the professional process:

From iTunes backup:
1. Connect your iPhone to the PC with which you sync it. iTunes should open (if not, open it manually).
2. You should see your iPhone in a box, top righthand corner. Select it.
3. Now choose 'Restore backup'.
4. All the data you previously backed up will now replace the data on your phone. It will take a few minutes. As long as you haven't backed up subsequent to deleting those text messages, they should now appear on your phone handset.

From iCloud:
1. Login to https://icloud.com with your Apple ID and password
2. Click on Text Messages (if it isn't there your messages haven't been backed up).
3. If it is there searched the messages to find the ones you need.
4. Now go to your iPhone and choose Settings, iCloud on your iPhone.
5. Turn off Text Messages (or ensure it is turned off). I know this sounds counter intuitive but stay with it.
6. You'll see a pop-up. Select: 'Keep on My iPhone'.
7. Now turn back on text messages.
8. Tap 'Merge', and wait. After a few minutes the deleted text messages should appear back on your iPhone.

If methods above still cannot work for you, another good way is to put your problem on this facebook: iPhone text message recovery where you can get the professional and quick reply.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.