My laptop charger issues

NetworkSlayr

Commendable
May 23, 2016
So my laptop is about 4 years old. It's running an intel core i5 3rd gen @ 1.7 GHz and intel integrated graphics 4000. I know this is bad, so I'm getting a gaming laptop in the next week. But it's stopped charging over the years, so it ALWAYS has to be plugged in (which I can honestly deal with) but now whenever I move the charger an inch it shuts down. It's really frustrating when I'm doing my schoolwork, because I kick my feet under my desk and then when I kick a wire really softly and move it even an inch, it shuts off. And it also has to be on a certain spot on my desk, which is just ridiculous and I think nobody should have to deal with that on a laptop. Does anybody know how to fix this, and also please leave some recommendations for gaming laptops down below too. (I prefer thin and light, i'm thinking about getting the razer blade)

Solution
Your charger itself has a short or broken wire in it and needs to be replaced. Not uncommon as they're flexed, etc. over the years.

I've had the power plug into the charger go bad (easy, cheap fix), and the cords from the charger to the computer go bad (new charger time, $$$).

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Your charger itself has a short or broken wire in it and needs to be replaced. Not uncommon as they're flexed, etc. over the years.

I've had the power plug into the charger go bad (easy, cheap fix), and the cords from the charger to the computer go bad (new charger time, $$$).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS