My laptop disconnects me from the WiFi and completely forgets my WiFi card

Feb 13, 2018
I have a Gigabyte aero 15 laptop and it has worked fine for the past 6 months jay I have owned it. It recently has started not only disconnecting me from the internet but also saying I have no WiFi card either. It will then refund the WiFi card and reconnect to the internet. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to do so or I have to restart my computer. I have updated my drivers and windows 10 and nothing is working. When it forgets the WiFi card I can watch on my drivers where the driver goes away and then when it finds it the driver reappears. Please help! Do I just need a new WiFi card or something?

Jun 1, 2018

I'm not here to help, but I just want to say that I have the exact same problem as you. I brought it to the shop for a warranty repair and all I've got was a new branded OS. It was okay for a while but now a week later it's the same. My hypothesis would be either faulty HW (in both cases the same issue) or a FW/SW update (related to W10 or not) that breaks it or is messing with it. I'm taking it to the repair shop again :/

Jun 19, 2018
Any solution to this? My laptop does the same. Terrible reception - I have to be right next to the router - sometimes it can't even find available connections even when I'm in the same room as my router. Tried installing new drivers. Ethernet works fine but it's a laptop - wifi is essential!

Jun 1, 2018
My solution was a warranty claim resulting in replacement of the wi-fi module. Do the same, save your self the trouble... Now working flawlessly, I'm back to a happy customer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Muaaz.Ulhaq Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
1 Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1