My laptop goes to sleep immediately

Aug 22, 2018
My Dell Inspiron 15 will not stay awake. When I open the laptop, it will stay on until I use the touchpad. After that, it goes to sleep right away. I will be moving the mouse or typing and it goes to sleep. The only way to keep it on it to hold down the left cursor and keep a second finger on the touchpad. I have check power settings already. Thanks for any help!

Solution
When you check the power settings, did you go into the advanced settings and try turning off all sleep options, including hibernation ones? Then restart the laptop and see if the problem persists. If not, then I would go back in and try changing the sleep settings back to what you want one at a time to see if the problem reappears. It should work fine after that. However if it continues to have problems, then I would have it looked at.
When you check the power settings, did you go into the advanced settings and try turning off all sleep options, including hibernation ones? Then restart the laptop and see if the problem persists. If not, then I would go back in and try changing the sleep settings back to what you want one at a time to see if the problem reappears. It should work fine after that. However if it continues to have problems, then I would have it looked at.

Solution