Solved! My laptop hits 90 to 93 degrees celsius when playing games, is this an issue?

May 12, 2021
I have an ROG Zephyrus M15 laptop with a 1660ti and an intel core i7. The main game I play is VALORANT and I play on a hard surface. Even when just opening the game without even starting a match my laptops fans start running and the laptop starts getting extremely hot. Should I be concerned? and is there anything I should do. Thanks in advance.

Solution
It has not yet shut down when I have been playing. Just gets really hot to the touch and on Coretemp is at around 90 celsius. Would a cooling pad help or will it be okay? Thanks for your help!
Cooler is always better for electronics. So a pad would probably add a bit to the lifetime of the PC. I honestly can’t say if that would be a week or a year. But it’s not a huge cost for the possible benefits.
May 13, 2021
The question is: does the PC shut down when it gets hot? I see high end laptops hit 90C on stress tests. If it’s running and the fans are blowing you’re ok. The cpu chips are smaller so there’s less surface area to dissipate heat to the heat sink. So the fans run faster. Frankly the engineering now is to make the laptop as thin as possible, not keeping the surfaces cool.

May 12, 2021
The question is: does the PC shut down when it gets hot? I see high end laptops hit 90C on stress tests. If it’s running and the fans are blowing you’re ok. The cpu chips are smaller so there’s less surface area to dissipate heat to the heat sink. So the fans run faster. Frankly the engineering now is to make the laptop as thin as possible, not keeping the surfaces cool.
It has not yet shut down when I have been playing. Just gets really hot to the touch and on Coretemp is at around 90 celsius. Would a cooling pad help or will it be okay? Thanks for your help!

May 13, 2021
Cooler is always better for electronics. So a pad would probably add a bit to the lifetime of the PC. I honestly can’t say if that would be a week or a year. But it’s not a huge cost for the possible benefits.

Solution